Rotary District 1220
Young Musician 2016-2017
Saturday March 18th 2017 at 6:30pm
NOTE NEW DATE AND VENUE
Saturday March 18th 2017 at 6.30pm
The Samworth Church Academy
Sherwood Hall Road
CLOSING DATE FOR ENTRIES FOR DISTRICT COMPETITION
FEB 10th 2017
This event has a new look and a new venue for 2016/17 and we are hoping that more clubs will get involved. The key changes are;
- A ‘fusion’ of the Young Musician Gala and the Young Musician Competition. This will be an adjudicated event with the best overall performers being entered in the Regional Young Musician Competition on 22nd April 2017 in Loughborough.
- Selection for the event will be by submission of MP3 recordings. This will hopefully encourage more entrants and will allow us to determine in advance that performers are of a good standard. Students and teachers are familiar with this medium as it is used in schools and can be done on mobile phones.
- Creation of classes so that classical and non-classical performers are not judged against each other and in order to encourage entrants performing a wide genre of music. There will also be a class for under 13 year olds so they are judged against their own age range.
This event aims to offer young people:
- An experience of performing on a public stage.
- To showcase their musical talent.
- The positive feedback and assessment of performance by experienced adjudicators.
16 performers will be selected for this event. If we get a good response this year we will consider doing heats next year.
Please see downloadable rules and application below;