29th September 2019 at 2pm
Teversal Visitors Centre
Organised by the Rotary Club of Sutton in Ashfield
All Rotary Clubs are invited to enter and get their members, families and friends sponsored to raise money for their club contribution to the End Polio Now Campaign of The Rotary Foundation.
For every Club that enters – $100 will be donated from District Foundation funds to End Polio Now.
Rotarians have proudly helped to reduce polio cases by 99.9% since 1988.
Why your support is still needed?
- Rotary has helped immunize more than 2.5 billion children in 122 countries and contributed more than $1.8 billion toward eradicating the disease worldwide.
- On the 21st August 2019 it was three years since the last reported case of polio caused by the wild poliovirus in Nigeria. I
- There are up to 60 countries in the world where over 400 million children need to be immunised, in most cases multiple times each year, to ensure that the virus does not return.
- If all eradication efforts stopped today, within 10 years, polio could paralyse as many as 200,000 children each year.
- It is estimated that $3.27 billion is still needed for the 2019-2023 End Game Strategy of ridding the world of polio.
The Rotary goal of ridding the world of this disease is closer than ever with your support.
You can help by getting your Club to sponsor walkers for the 4.8-mile circular route
The walk/stroll is in the countryside, off road, along disused railway tracts where rails, sleepers and undergrowth have been cleared. It is suitable for children, dogs and mobility scooters. Stewards will be positioned at strategic points along the route to provide any necessary assistance and emergency contact with first aiders and doctors. The walk is estimated to take about 2 hours and there is a large free car park at the visitors centre.
Registration and sponsorship forms are presented below; further copies can be downloaded from our website.www.sina-rotary.org.uk or by telephone to 07710807631
Registration of walkers is free from 1:30pm with a start time of 2pm from the Centre Car Park at: – Teversal Visitors Centre: Top of Carnarvon Street, Teversal, Sutton in Ashfield, Notts NG17 3HJ